Dancing With Change


Sometimes you think you know
exactly where you're headed.
You've got a plan, a map.
Everything's under control.
There is no room for surprise in your neatly ordered life.


"Untitled 1" copyright 2009 Meri Arnett-Kremian

And then something happens. . .

a dream

a flash of insight

a yearning for something new

a falling off the precipice
when walking too close to the edge

a resistance so strong to something
that Spirit forces the issue

And then
before you know it


"Untitled 2" copyright 2009 Meri Arnett-Kremian

Surprise!

Everything is altered
in the blink of an eye.

And ready or not,
you're dancing with change.


Comments

Sherri B. said…
Beautiful and inspiring...are those pastels that you drew?? They're gorgeous!

Thanks so much for checking up on me...real life is super busy for me through June. My blog life has suffered tremendously...lol. I hope to get back in the groove again in July. I'm sure I've missed some wonderful posts/pictures/words here at your blog, and I hope to catch up one day soon!

Have a wonderful week~~
will said…
I don't know about "dancing" ... but I do know about being pounded and falling off the proverbial cliff.

And in those moments you clearly understand, "planning" is not much more than whistling in the dark.
poefusion said…
I fight change as much and as long as I can. I hate it. But, it is inevitable in one's life whether we want it or not. Have a great day.
beth said…
tell me about it :)
deb did it said…
you are certainly having some fun...now I wanna go play and funk up some photographs of mine...you are an inspiration, and I so love to read your thoughts.
Dagmar said…
Hi Meri, Thanks for visiting my blog.

Reading your words on this post made me silent. Oh my God you hit the nail on the head here for me.

How wonderful some can put into words what swirls in my mind.
ELK said…
so much to love about your thoughts and images -you are so generous to share

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You