Alterations


At the Seattle Art Museum's Sculpture Park,
there is great concern about preservation of art pieces,
seeing as how they're largely outdoors,
with no museum staff to watch over them 24/7.

So there are signs reminding visitors

and similar placards that appear in other places.


And I understand completely.

But those prohibitions made me think about touch generally
and loving touch more specifically.

You know what I mean.

holding hands
cuddling like spoons in a drawer
gentle little caresses to the cheek
pats on the behind

and to quote Crash Davis in Bull Durham
"long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days"

Oh my.
We needn't go farther.
I'm feeling faint already.

I may swoon.

And so in honor of sensual touch,
I figured an alteration to those warning signs
was definitely in order.


But then I'm always looking for signs.


Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL! That was a fun post. Great alterations to the sign :)
beth said…
too fun...alterations are a good thing !!!

and kisses that last for 3 days...that's what I'm shooting for next weekend when I get to see my hubby for the first time in 4 weeks :)
poefusion said…
Love this post as I am a touchy kinda person. I love to hug everyone I meet. Touch is something everyone can relate to. Sadly though there are those who don't like it. I have a hard time understanding this. Your sign alteration... very cool. Have a great day.
ELK said…
way to go meri...smiles from across the miles as you alter signs!

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You