Amazing and beautiful glass blooms, Meri. Your phone takes great pics. I am jealous. Just gorgeous color and such a beautiful day! Thanks! Love Chihuly. Noelle
I just love this museum and thanks for sharing your photos. I'll be up in WA a few times this summer--tomorrow being one of the trips, but visiting an elderly sister this time in Tumwater. Have you ever blown glass? Loved the Chihulys.
Thank you for reminding me that I do not need a newer/better Nikon - I just need to practice seeing more. Taken with your phone and retro app...always experimenting! Yea, you!
I've been carrying on an on-and-off conversation with an acquaintance of the male variety who is going through a divorce and is dealing with the sense of dislocation that results from losing that familiar structure. He's trying to figure out how to be single again and doesn't feel as if he's very good at it. Thinks he never was. I told him I thought that one of the underrated things about marriage is that in a marriage partner, you have a witness to your life. Someone is there to appreciate the moments, big or small. Someone celebrates your accomplishments and helps pick you up when you fall. Someone sees the cloud passing across your face and wonders if you'd like a back rub or cup of tea. Someone listens to your dreams and woes, validates your perceptions or perhaps reorients the way you see things. There are little love pats exchanged in passing, for no reason other than physically reinforce all the spoken "I love you"s. Even when there...
It's Sepia Saturday again. Since my dear mother is recovering from shoulder replacement surgery, I thought I'd feature her image this week. This is little Betty with her dog Spot. She was born in a small town in Oregon, the third of four sisters. The Depression defined her childhood, though I don't know how much she knew or understood. Her high school years were spent in the shadow of World War Two. She went to college at a time when women sought an "MRS." degree. She had a lovely singing voice and often performed as the vocalist for weddings and funerals. I remember once when I was really little that she was on television in Indianapolis. She worked in the library at Butler University, putting Hubby through school, so to speak. She worked on and off through my childhood, when working mothers were somewhat odd and not at all normative. It wasn't a matter of personal choice as much as necessity, because her husband's ministerial salary couldn'...
Comments
Beautiful pictures and informative. Thanks again
over here!
:-)
Noelle
No comment on Chihuly.
Sue x
been too long since i've been through tacoma - and never to the museum of glass, must remedy that next trip out to the pnw!
been out the loop lately but working on catching up and getting back into the swing of things!