this begins so sweetly, and ends with a little dark, mysterious twist. are the red wolves something to be feared? something that threatens to mar summer's soft and tender beauty? or are they in hiding, literally, from some danger to themselves? personally, i vote for the first meaning... and hope to enjoy the "tender grasses" and "soft breezes" every chance i get, before the wolves strike...
Anonymous said…
you blow me away. smiles.
Anonymous said…
Jingle appreciates your support to our poetry potluck. Our week 41 Theme is: Saints, Monks, and Meditations, Yet, old poems or poems unrelated to our theme are welcome… ;) Always, your poetry is sunshine to us! Looking forward to seeing U on Sunday, 8pm or later. Stay Blessed, Love and hugs. xoxox
It is a beautiful, pastoral image. I kept looking for the red wolves in hiding, a bit like those puzzles children get where they are up in the trees somewhere and you have to find them but none came jumping out at me. Still, I like the twisty ending. It is very cool and leaves one guessing. xo, Noelle
What a fantastic photo. The ghostly images look like Wendy, Caspers friend, you know, the friendly witch. Red foxes? Wise, crafty. Hiding in the tall grass. Ready to steal your food. You are a gem amongst stones Meri.
I've been carrying on an on-and-off conversation with an acquaintance of the male variety who is going through a divorce and is dealing with the sense of dislocation that results from losing that familiar structure. He's trying to figure out how to be single again and doesn't feel as if he's very good at it. Thinks he never was. I told him I thought that one of the underrated things about marriage is that in a marriage partner, you have a witness to your life. Someone is there to appreciate the moments, big or small. Someone celebrates your accomplishments and helps pick you up when you fall. Someone sees the cloud passing across your face and wonders if you'd like a back rub or cup of tea. Someone listens to your dreams and woes, validates your perceptions or perhaps reorients the way you see things. There are little love pats exchanged in passing, for no reason other than physically reinforce all the spoken "I love you"s. Even when there...
It's Sepia Saturday again. Since my dear mother is recovering from shoulder replacement surgery, I thought I'd feature her image this week. This is little Betty with her dog Spot. She was born in a small town in Oregon, the third of four sisters. The Depression defined her childhood, though I don't know how much she knew or understood. Her high school years were spent in the shadow of World War Two. She went to college at a time when women sought an "MRS." degree. She had a lovely singing voice and often performed as the vocalist for weddings and funerals. I remember once when I was really little that she was on television in Indianapolis. She worked in the library at Butler University, putting Hubby through school, so to speak. She worked on and off through my childhood, when working mothers were somewhat odd and not at all normative. It wasn't a matter of personal choice as much as necessity, because her husband's ministerial salary couldn'...
Comments
this begins so sweetly, and ends with a little dark, mysterious twist. are the red wolves something to be feared? something that threatens to mar summer's soft and tender beauty? or are they in hiding, literally, from some danger to themselves? personally, i vote for the first meaning... and hope to enjoy the "tender grasses" and "soft breezes" every chance i get, before the wolves strike...
smiles.
Our week 41 Theme is: Saints, Monks, and Meditations,
Yet, old poems or poems unrelated to our theme are welcome… ;)
Always, your poetry is sunshine to us!
Looking forward to seeing U on Sunday, 8pm or later.
Stay Blessed,
Love and hugs.
xoxox
xo,
Noelle
Peace to you
Weekend Reflection
love the intrigue!
I love your haiku comment on my haiku post!!!
Have a lovely weekend
Sue x
Beautiful offering today.
Happy Summer, Talented One.
it is a crazy hot summer...our weekend was teaming with the laughter of stephanie and greg over many a delicious meal and stories shared.
now i am playing catch up with haiku...not to mention the allure of plaster.
red foxes indeed!