Share the Joy Thursday: Joy to the World!





There are lots of reasons for JOY in this season
so I'm celebrating and honoring its presence.

Friends and family come to mind as a reason for joy.

And in anticipation of their visits,
I've readied the house with lots of decoration.



The family room tree with its multi-colored ornaments


has a Santa standing guard over the presents.



I decorated the fancy living room tree
with its white, silver and gold ornaments,



the first year it's been decorated in a long time.

Santas are looking jolly all around the house.


The Father Frost figures are on display, too -
in honor of my sons' Lithuanian heritage.




Little cardinals are peeking out 
among the candle jars in various places. 
They remind me of the joy it brought me
to hear a cardinal sing when I lived
 on the east coast many years ago.



We'd love to have you join us
for Share the Joy Thursday this week. 
I have no doubt you have an abundance of joy
in your life -- even if times are tough.


And if you don't mind, I'd love for you to send
joy and healing energy to my treasured friend 
Adrienne's husband who's having heart surgery tomorrow
and Naquillity, who's having some health problems
and could use a big dose of love.




To play along:

1. do a post that tells and shows us what gives you joy.

2. capture the URL of the specific post and paste it into the
Mr. Linky box along with your name.

3. visit other players -- as many as possible -- and let their joy infect you.  Leave them a comment about their post.
Let's start an epidemic of joy!


Comments

rebecca said…
dear meri.....
holding you in complete JOY and wonder. love your red cardinals ..so cheery and bright.

i am so grateful for you in my life!
Anonymous said…
i love that santa. i am always fascinated by the beautiful ornaments in christmas trees. so pretty and uplifting :)
David said…
Thanks for stopping by my garden blog today. I love the Christmas close-ups! Beautiful and clever.
The Norfolk Pine is a tough little tree, but it really doesn't go into shock since our winters are so mild...usually it's 60 outside and 75 in the house. Merry Christmas.
David/ Tropical Texana/ Houston
Comments give me joy...along with the Joys of Christmas
Your decorations are so enchantingly lovely--so old fashioned and quaint. I love the Lithuanian Santa and the red cardinals. Your house must be redolent with the smells of Christmas. I hope that you have a joyful and beautiful one. Thank you for sharing all of these lovely things and the time and effort it took to create them. I am holding your friend Adrienne's husband in the light and sending her whole family healing energy.
Blessings and light.
xo,
Noelle
foxysue said…
It's a pure delight to gaze upon your photography, I can imagine your house filled with all the beauty of Christmas.

I'm glad I can share the Joy with you Meri by way of my 'gratitude' and hope to carry on this little tradition in the new year.

Blessings to you,
Sue x
eb said…
so BEautiful Meri!
thank you for linking me early
I was on my way...
many last minute tweakings today
my boys are off to cut our tree - this year one from the surrounding woods - JOY to you...

xox - eb.
deb did it said…
your home is oozing with sparkly and shiny JOY, and beauty. Come see the JOY I feel with Matt in a golden field of rust and denim
christmastimes are the best!

hugs dear Meri and merry christmas!!!!
Tina said…
Great collection of photos. Happy holidays to you & family..
Alan Burnett said…
As always on your blogs - such wonderful images and memorable words. Happy Christmas.
Alan
rebecca said…
i have just placed a "card of love" for allegra and barry on my blog.
everyone is welcome to come and post a link to their post for allegra.

a way to bring us all together in one place....with all our care.

xoxoxoxoxox,
rebecca

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You