This composition of both words and images speak to me, I love spring breezes, dappled light, dancing shadows, it's transporting me to when I used to live the middle of a wood.
Nice Meri... I love the prayers flags. When I see them in my travels, I know something about the people that hang them. I'll watch for the lacy shadows and think of you next time I spot them.
Meri, This image is so you! So beautiful, filled with living greenery and sunlit shadows and protected by the peaceful, prayerful filigree of Tibetan flags. Beautiful. xoxo, Noelle
Feels like a painting, Meri! The swatches of prayer flags, the light turning the leaves a lime green, the density of the woods... What a wonderful place to sit and meditate, just be. Love this image and your haiku.
I've been carrying on an on-and-off conversation with an acquaintance of the male variety who is going through a divorce and is dealing with the sense of dislocation that results from losing that familiar structure. He's trying to figure out how to be single again and doesn't feel as if he's very good at it. Thinks he never was. I told him I thought that one of the underrated things about marriage is that in a marriage partner, you have a witness to your life. Someone is there to appreciate the moments, big or small. Someone celebrates your accomplishments and helps pick you up when you fall. Someone sees the cloud passing across your face and wonders if you'd like a back rub or cup of tea. Someone listens to your dreams and woes, validates your perceptions or perhaps reorients the way you see things. There are little love pats exchanged in passing, for no reason other than physically reinforce all the spoken "I love you"s. Even when there...
It's Sepia Saturday again. Since my dear mother is recovering from shoulder replacement surgery, I thought I'd feature her image this week. This is little Betty with her dog Spot. She was born in a small town in Oregon, the third of four sisters. The Depression defined her childhood, though I don't know how much she knew or understood. Her high school years were spent in the shadow of World War Two. She went to college at a time when women sought an "MRS." degree. She had a lovely singing voice and often performed as the vocalist for weddings and funerals. I remember once when I was really little that she was on television in Indianapolis. She worked in the library at Butler University, putting Hubby through school, so to speak. She worked on and off through my childhood, when working mothers were somewhat odd and not at all normative. It wasn't a matter of personal choice as much as necessity, because her husband's ministerial salary couldn'...
Comments
this outpouring of colour for peace and grace.
i love such mindfulness placed thoughtfully in our day to day comings and goings.
thank you for your beauty and care raining sweetly on all of us.
Experiencing the beauty and peace in these words and this photograph serves to Haiku my heart. Love the colors.
:-)
Sue x
Peace
This image is so you! So beautiful, filled with living greenery and sunlit shadows and protected by the peaceful, prayerful filigree of Tibetan flags. Beautiful.
xoxo,
Noelle