Verification Words


Don't you just love those "verification" words,
the key that opens the door for comment posts?

The other day, I got a wonderful made-up word.

INTIMID.

I think that's what you are when you're wounded
or inexperienced or worried about how you look,
but you're easing your way
toward intimacy with someone new
ever so slowly.  .  .



with eyes averted when the whole process
gets a little too intense
or the fear rises up like a bulimic episode.
Gently sliding toward connection.




So full of hope, but a bundle of nerves.
Wanting to get close, but holding yourself back
just a little.

Intimid.

Comments

pink dogwood said…
I found you via some other blog I don't remember. I love, love the way you write :)
beth said…
ohhhh....i like that word and your definition !
Sweet.

Could you post next on my word verification for this comment:
'sorehow'? ;-)
Kat Mortensen said…
You could do a whole series of these - or even a book!

Kat
Martin said…
I like the sound of the word, and the definition.
Anonymous said…
thanks for stopping by my place today! and, i too, always get a kick out of the verification words. the one i have right now is "sundedn" which i twisted into "sun dead on"...which it is!

beautiful photos and i love your blog. I'll be adding you to my blogroll....see you again later!
Jinksy said…
Like your definition, and the new word. :)
How fun! I do that, too sometimes...make up meanings for those goofy words! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie
I love the word but even more the photos that feature a woman and man of a "certain age" becoming ever-so-slowly, "intimidly" (is that a word) acquainted with one another. Maybe it is only an adjective and I have created a new one! At any rate it is lovely and so are you.
magiceye said…
this is so beautiful
ELK said…
you have done wonders with that comment word .elk

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You