Art, photography, and random musings by a woman of spirit. An online journal of the ordinary moment.
Travel Lust
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
I don't have any travel plans this fall
and I'm feeling the urge.
Where would you escape if you could?
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Anonymous said…
I would love to see the old and mystical places in England, Scotland and Ireland, like Glastonbury, Tintagel, Loch Ness, Newgrange and Stonehenge. That would be so fantastic !!! Have a great day.
Oh that painterly photo entices me to Venice (I think that's where it is?) ... Wonder if the bad economic situation in Italy has affected quality of restos and accomodations there?
My daughter went to Sicily last year and she and her partner were not impressed with how the towns were managed (by the mafia we understand??) ...
Anyway ... your photo art is like stepping into a dream of what once was.
Old towns in the southwest are calling to me these days. But if that doesn't happen I have promised myself to get to some museums and galleries this winter. I have been neglecting that..... and am hungry for it!! Hope you get a getaway!!
put me in the picture, venice would be just fine. i do love a fall trip but like you we have nothing planned. my next trip is not going to be a quickie extended weekend. i'm ready for a nice relaxed trip someplace.
Mexico always calls when I think of winter. To tell you the truth, Fall in New ENgland is so spectacular, I don't think I would go anywhere else but here. Bring on the color and I will escape to my home.
I've been carrying on an on-and-off conversation with an acquaintance of the male variety who is going through a divorce and is dealing with the sense of dislocation that results from losing that familiar structure. He's trying to figure out how to be single again and doesn't feel as if he's very good at it. Thinks he never was. I told him I thought that one of the underrated things about marriage is that in a marriage partner, you have a witness to your life. Someone is there to appreciate the moments, big or small. Someone celebrates your accomplishments and helps pick you up when you fall. Someone sees the cloud passing across your face and wonders if you'd like a back rub or cup of tea. Someone listens to your dreams and woes, validates your perceptions or perhaps reorients the way you see things. There are little love pats exchanged in passing, for no reason other than physically reinforce all the spoken "I love you"s. Even when there...
It's Sepia Saturday again. Since my dear mother is recovering from shoulder replacement surgery, I thought I'd feature her image this week. This is little Betty with her dog Spot. She was born in a small town in Oregon, the third of four sisters. The Depression defined her childhood, though I don't know how much she knew or understood. Her high school years were spent in the shadow of World War Two. She went to college at a time when women sought an "MRS." degree. She had a lovely singing voice and often performed as the vocalist for weddings and funerals. I remember once when I was really little that she was on television in Indianapolis. She worked in the library at Butler University, putting Hubby through school, so to speak. She worked on and off through my childhood, when working mothers were somewhat odd and not at all normative. It wasn't a matter of personal choice as much as necessity, because her husband's ministerial salary couldn'...
Comments
Have a great day.
My daughter went to Sicily last year and she and her partner were not impressed with how the towns were managed (by the mafia we understand??) ...
Anyway ... your photo art is like stepping into a dream of what once was.
But if that doesn't happen I have promised myself to get to some museums and galleries this winter.
I have been neglecting that.....
and am hungry for it!!
Hope you get a getaway!!