your mosaic is a great combination of pictures. i've never put together a mosaic. i might have to try this sometime. hope all is well. have a great day.
good monday morning meri! i am resurfacing and celebrating the completion of a large stained glass commission. whew.... it is as if i have been reborn! thanks for your constant beauty and support in my life. xoxoxox, rebecca
Thats just so cool! I think a mosaic is just perfect for subjects like these. Thankyou for visiting my blog - its great finding new and interesting blogs through the memes.
Thanks, Steven! The element you like is a closeup of a very old, heavy wooden door I spotted in Mexico.
Naquillity: Try it -- it's easier than you'd think. There are online mosaic makers that are free. Plus some of the photo programs have mosaic-maker features. I personally created a 6 x 6 template and place photos and move them around until I like the arrangement.
Bonnie: I gratefully accept the compliment. Thanks so much!
Rebecca: I can't wait to hear (and see) more. You are such a blessing to me!
Leavesnbloom, Violetlady and Ingmarie: I've enjoyed visiting your blogs and seeing what you're doing, too.
Lisa: You're a testament to the power of prayer. Bless you!
Hi Meri, I hope you had a wonderful Easter! Wow, this mosaic is so impressive and unique...I just love this! It should be made larger and put into a beautiful frame. Gosh, I could even see this as a painting to! Very nice! I hope that you have a lovely new week! hugs... Bobbi
Anonymous said…
Hello Meri, I like these windows open to the world. A very good idea for a well down mosaic. Thanks for your comments.
I've been carrying on an on-and-off conversation with an acquaintance of the male variety who is going through a divorce and is dealing with the sense of dislocation that results from losing that familiar structure. He's trying to figure out how to be single again and doesn't feel as if he's very good at it. Thinks he never was. I told him I thought that one of the underrated things about marriage is that in a marriage partner, you have a witness to your life. Someone is there to appreciate the moments, big or small. Someone celebrates your accomplishments and helps pick you up when you fall. Someone sees the cloud passing across your face and wonders if you'd like a back rub or cup of tea. Someone listens to your dreams and woes, validates your perceptions or perhaps reorients the way you see things. There are little love pats exchanged in passing, for no reason other than physically reinforce all the spoken "I love you"s. Even when there...
It's Sepia Saturday again. Since my dear mother is recovering from shoulder replacement surgery, I thought I'd feature her image this week. This is little Betty with her dog Spot. She was born in a small town in Oregon, the third of four sisters. The Depression defined her childhood, though I don't know how much she knew or understood. Her high school years were spent in the shadow of World War Two. She went to college at a time when women sought an "MRS." degree. She had a lovely singing voice and often performed as the vocalist for weddings and funerals. I remember once when I was really little that she was on television in Indianapolis. She worked in the library at Butler University, putting Hubby through school, so to speak. She worked on and off through my childhood, when working mothers were somewhat odd and not at all normative. It wasn't a matter of personal choice as much as necessity, because her husband's ministerial salary couldn'...
Comments
i am resurfacing and celebrating the completion of a large stained glass commission. whew....
it is as if i have been reborn!
thanks for your constant beauty and support in my life.
xoxoxox,
rebecca
Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving thanks for my good reports!!
love, lisa
Naquillity: Try it -- it's easier than you'd think. There are online mosaic makers that are free. Plus some of the photo programs have mosaic-maker features. I personally created a 6 x 6 template and place photos and move them around until I like the arrangement.
Bonnie: I gratefully accept the compliment. Thanks so much!
Rebecca: I can't wait to hear (and see) more. You are such a blessing to me!
Leavesnbloom, Violetlady and Ingmarie: I've enjoyed visiting your blogs and seeing what you're doing, too.
Lisa: You're a testament to the power of prayer. Bless you!
hugs...
Bobbi
I like these windows open to the world. A very good idea for a well down mosaic.
Thanks for your comments.
Hélène - France
www.artglehen.fr
www.artglehen.blogspot.com
http://www.corazon.typepad.com/
ahhhhh, finally!
Happy Mosaic Monday!
XOXO
Cathy
! an extra one, for luck ;)
Have a wonderful week!
Amanda
Amanda
What a great mosaic...I'm visiting for Mosaic Monday [a bit late] ♥....do drop by for a visit when you have a chance.
Scatter Bliss,
Stephanie ♥