Ode to Obama



This isn't exactly a Note to Myself. . . .
it's more like a note to Obama.



Mr. President

You didn't necessarily deliver all the change
I'd hoped to see,
you fed the war machine more than I'd like,
but I was never ashamed to call you my President.

You're a class act, Mr. President
(and your beautiful, savvy, intelligent First Lady,
and daughters, too).

I know misguided people are attempting
 to destroy your biggest accomplishments,
but know that the tide will turn one day.

In the meantime
I'll work for justice, inclusion not villification, 
civility in the national discourse, and
the cultivation of hope
in what I fear may be a time of darkness.

You have been a bright shining light.
Thank you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You