Mosaic Monday: NW Folklife Festival





Every year on Memorial Day Weekend,
the Seattle Center comes alive
with the Northwest Folklife Festival.

These pictures are from the 2009 event

since this year's is about to launch.



There are countless music venues,
dancing, mimes and jugglers.
There are frisbee-chasing dogs
and people running through the big fountain.

You can find almost any kind of food
you might want to try.
 (I had Cajun last year).


If you're in Seattle for the weekend, don't miss it.
It's a hoot!


( You've just got to like crowds to survive it.)


For more MONDAY MOSAICs, click here.

Comments

Wonderful mosaics, everyone is having such a great time. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Meri,

I've only been north to Seattle once, but WOW! It really is a dynamic city and I can see why that part of the country is called the Great Northwest! My favorite was the Pike Place Market and the rainier cherries!

Amanda
Uncovered Ruby said…
Checking out everyone's mosaics...I love all the images you captured. We'll have to make the trip up there for this Festival sometime...you're only a 3 hour drive from me.
Lisa :-)
Relyn Lawson said…
Oh my gosh!! I love your idea of using reposts while you are away. That's perfect!
eileeninmd said…
Sounds like a fun festival. Wonderful photos and mosaic!
Pondside said…
I'll be there the following weekend - too bad! It looks like a lot of fun.
deb did it said…
I LOVE THIS FESTIVAL....it is where I learned to Contra Dance, and now my friends here in Austin are callers and we host dances here in Carmine!! Meri, you make me homesick for the PNW...for just a bit!!

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You