Ground



I wondered what to do with this prompt,
because thinking about the word "ground" 
led in multiple directions.

I worshiped the ground my ex walked on,
at least until his behavior forced me
to accept that I was better off without him.


But there's no photo for that, 
unless the heart in this one is edited
and replaced with a broken one.
And that's all water under the bridge now.


Grounded.
Well there's the kind of grounded
that my parents adhered to during my teen years.
I had a lot of experience with grounded.
Now my groundedness is a little different --
a reward after years of cultivating peace and presence
and listening to my inner wisdom.


There's walking on holy ground.


There's the ground of being,
from which all things emerge
and return.


Well. . .  almost everything.


Comments

Janet said…
Great shots! That's one of the things I like about Susannah's prompts is that most of them can be interpreted so many ways. Thanks for sharing yours.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You