Popular posts from this blog
Postcards from Paradise (Reprise of 2009 Post)
I've been carrying on an on-and-off conversation with an acquaintance of the male variety who is going through a divorce and is dealing with the sense of dislocation that results from losing that familiar structure. He's trying to figure out how to be single again and doesn't feel as if he's very good at it. Thinks he never was. I told him I thought that one of the underrated things about marriage is that in a marriage partner, you have a witness to your life. Someone is there to appreciate the moments, big or small. Someone celebrates your accomplishments and helps pick you up when you fall. Someone sees the cloud passing across your face and wonders if you'd like a back rub or cup of tea. Someone listens to your dreams and woes, validates your perceptions or perhaps reorients the way you see things. There are little love pats exchanged in passing, for no reason other than physically reinforce all the spoken "I love you"s. Even when there...
A Girl and Her Dog
It's Sepia Saturday again. Since my dear mother is recovering from shoulder replacement surgery, I thought I'd feature her image this week. This is little Betty with her dog Spot. She was born in a small town in Oregon, the third of four sisters. The Depression defined her childhood, though I don't know how much she knew or understood. Her high school years were spent in the shadow of World War Two. She went to college at a time when women sought an "MRS." degree. She had a lovely singing voice and often performed as the vocalist for weddings and funerals. I remember once when I was really little that she was on television in Indianapolis. She worked in the library at Butler University, putting Hubby through school, so to speak. She worked on and off through my childhood, when working mothers were somewhat odd and not at all normative. It wasn't a matter of personal choice as much as necessity, because her husband's ministerial salary couldn'...

Comments
Miracle of Manna
A great find.
Much Peace
that's got to be a good omen
x...x
friends gather for word salad
heart rocks on beach walks
timeless beauty,set-in-stone
like haiku-ing hearts! x
Fifty Years Ago
so lovely to find you and your gorgeous heart here! i think of you often; always with a deep feeling of contentment and love.
xo
My collection is every growing.
So glad the universe made you smile.
Happy Saturday !
a sign that yours is open
looking down rewards
xox
i can hardly believe it is december first, which begins 12 days of mary. i still am on fire for the polyvore mary you shared last year. i am hoping you will stun us all with your beauty this year too. i find myself working over time to support my son as he finishes up at ASU. because of this i am not blog visiting as much as i have enjoyed in the past. i hope many of us will reconnect these next twelve days as we share some much needed light and love.
xoxoxo