Share the Joy Thursday: Pomegranates

Sometimes the weight of sadness in the world
makes it a challenge to rise to the lightness of joy.
Those times are perhaps the ones that call us most
to cultivate gratitude and joy in our lives.

Today I choose to find joy in pomegranates.


They're associated with abundance,
generosity, passion, fertility, lusciousness,
womanliness and union. 



Strong and deceptively ordinary on the outside,
the interior is fertile, juicy and sweet.

They're considered symbolic of the divine feminine.



Pomegranates inspire us to recognize the richness
and wonder that surround us.


They urge us to unite with others, to merge with the Divine.


To be strong but remain juicy.

To be luscious with JOY.



Where have you found JOY in your life?
This is the place to show and tell.

To play along:

1. do a post that tells and shows us what gives you joy.

2. capture the URL of the specific post and paste it into the
Mr. Linky box along with your name.

3. visit other players -- as many as possible -- and let their joy infect you.  Leave them a comment about their post.
Let's start an epidemic of joy!


Comments

Pomegranates are a beautiful fruit, swelling with jewelled red garnet seeds and luscious pulp. They are very feminine indeed and joyful. The goddess Persephone is always featured with a Pomegranate as I recall. I love those Waterhouse paintings of her. Beautiful post Meri.
xoxo,
Noelle
rebecca said…
one of my favorite symbols...
this is a lovely post and i commend you. here in arizona it is difficult, this night to ruminate about jOy.
i find your post beautiful and sensitive.

thank you reaching out and lifting my heart to the possibility of joy.
Miss Robyn said…
I love pomegranates, quinces and other such divine fruits.. a lovely serene post, thankyou

it was good for me to find joy in my day.. devestation in our country from floods and bushfires.. lives and many homes lost.
Joanna said…
Lovely the way you've shown different versions of the pomegranate image. They are lovely. We can find joy every day if we only open our eyes and our hearts.
Joanna said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanna said…
Me again. Sorry! I'm having trouble linking to the correct post. The first two links I posted are nor correct. Hoping you can delete them.
Joanna
ellen abbott said…
I love pomegranates and have a miniature pomegranate tree.
Carmen said…
these pictures are gorgeous!!!!
i grew up with two pomegranates trees, one guava, one avocado, and one orange tree (they grow everywhere where i was born)
my joy this week came from turquoise and mustard colors ;-)
~JarieLyn~ said…
I drink pomegranate juice nearly every single day. Pomegranates are a very pretty fruit and tasty too.

Loved this post. Maybe I'll come back later and join in on the joy.
Anonymous said…
love this - one of my favorite things about witnessing the seasons here is watching the pomegranate trees. so lovely, so telling.
Unknown said…
I posted this morning and forgot to link. I so enjoyed your post today and the artistic manipulation of your photo. Hope the remainder of your day is filled with as much joy as you share with others.
eb said…
a snow day
white
quite quiet joy...

xox - eb.
gma said…
Gorgeous!Pomegranates! So good for you too. I love green tea with pom juice.
8-)
Anonymous said…
Gratitude & joy...they are what keeps us alive spiritually. I am like gemma, I often drink green tea with pomegranate. It's one of my favorites : )
i like this photos, i have never seen pomegranates on the trees :) Thats very nice
Following you from http://smartandfunnyvideo.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You