Postcards from Paradise: A Holy Place




There is sacred land a half-hour drive from where I live,

   

land that has been hallowed by the holy intent
of those who come there to connect with the earth,



to be reminded (in case they’d forgotten)
that they are divine spirits embodied for this lifetime,
whose purpose is to build a community of love and potential.


My spiritual community meets monthly on this holy ground,


singing, dancing, drumming, listening to the pipes, sharing wisdom.



It’s a place where the arms of the trees reach out to caress you,


Where all the stones sing stories of times that have passed


and times yet to come. 




Where peace -- like swinging from a star --
 seems probable, not merely possible.



Pull up a chair and soak up the energy.




Comments

I am basking in the sacred energy that you evoked on your blog, thank you!
deb did it said…
this. is. a beautiful. practice.
I am devouring your photos, like I was really there, having a divine experience.
Thank you
carol l mckenna said…
How wonderful this place sounds and the activities are so divine ~ Wow! Thanks for sharing ~ (A Creative Harbor)
Kim Mailhot said…
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
and rightdoing there is a field.
I’ll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass
the world is too full to talk about.
Rumi

Light and love, beautiful !
rebecca said…
thank you meri for transporting me with such perfect beauty to sit quietly, soulfully in house of belonging.
Such positive energy. Very peaceful....
smiles, Sharon said…
I think that many of us yearn for such a place but have yet to find it, unless we carry it in our hearts. I am grateful you have found your soul's oasis and invite us to join you.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You