Collage: Vintage Detail







Some of you are masters of the art journal.
Having had an unfortunate experience in elementary school,
I’m always uncomfortable drawing “real” things,
though doodling is okay.








Collage is fine, because that’s design, not drawing.
So, I guess what I’m getting at is this:
Even though I love looking at your creations,
I can’t see myself creating an art journal
Unless it’s a record of my “virtual” art journal creations.

This one (a deviation from my preference for more abstraction)
is called. . . .

wait for it. . . . .

Vintage Detail.

How imaginative! (The title, I mean.)

Comments

Relyn Lawson said…
Oh, Meri. You are such an artist. I hope you are able to overcome your bad experience some day. I know your journal would be fantastic!
She Who Doodles said…
great title. i like doodling for pretty much the same reason as you. it frustrates me to try to draw or paint something real. i'm too much of a perfectionist.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You