Friday, January 15, 2010

Riding the Rails



"Raspberries" © 2009 Meri Arnett-Kremian


One of my neighbors to the north
and fellow blogger Delorse
 did a post about rail graffiti not too long ago.

She called these spray-painters "the cowboys of the Art World"
and likened boxcars to an art gallery riding the rails.

Now, as you can see, I was intrigued by boxcar graffiti last summer.
So I'm wondering --

would anyone play along if we had a day
(preferably when we'd all had some warm weather to go out shooting)
to post boxcar art photos?



4 comments:

Allegra Smith said...

Our last trip was by railroad to Wisconsin to Bead and Button. It was a great trip, but then again, I always love traveling by train. I am not sure I have seen any graffiti artistic or destructive or gang related lately. But I think that all forms of art have a place. That's the rebel speaking.

rebecca said...

take a look at leighanna lights blog,
ThiNg MaKer,

she has recently posted incredible pictures of shadow and light emboldened graffiti...of a favorite abandoned train yard.

beautiful and haunting.

HeartFire said...

Hi Meri,
Just catching up on blog reading! Thanks for mentioning me here... I do love graffiti, and have been thinking of a day out with my camera to find some...
I'm sorry about your beautiful kitty, I had one that looked very similar that died early last year, it's difficult losing a little 4 legged friend that has been a long time companion...

Relyn said...

OH, I have so much of your goodness to catch up on. I hate that I was gone for so long.