Share the Joy: Rebecca and Gavin




There are two entries on my JOY list
even though I’m a little late in posting.


Rebecca is on the mend, so I thank you
for all the good thoughts and prayers for her.
It's a joy for me to see her here,
looking sassy with Deb and Steph.
You rock -- all of you!

I got to spend the afternoon and evening
in our state’s Senate gallery, waiting for
the vote on the Marriage Equality Bill.

My son Gavin is interning this session
for Senator Mary Margaret Haugen,
the most senior senator.
(Ok - not a good picture, but he didn't want me
to take this picture. He does love getting to dress like
a businessman instead of a college student.) 


Because she announced two weeks ago
that she’d changed her position and
would vote in favor of the bill,


Gavin has had to deal with a lot of unhappy people
and a bunch of reporters and camera folks.
So yesterday was BIG for his office.

The bill passed the Senate 28 -21,
a wider than expected margin.
The person with the microphone is Senator Murray,
the bill's sponsor. The woman in the red top and black pants
is our governor, Christine Gregoire.

(There will be a signature drive for a referendum
putting the issue before the voters, so it’s not
a for-sure thing that same sex marriage will be available).

It was a joy to meet the senator and her staff
and see my son so enthused about the political process.
It was fun to ride home with him and hear about him

standing behind the governor in the wings and
even chatting with her.

So what’s your bundle of joy this week?


1. do a post that tells and shows us
what gives you joy.

2. Capture the URL of the specific post and paste it
into the Mr. Linky box along with your name.

3. Then click the NEXT box (or the link)
to choose an image from the post to hook to Mr. Linky's list
so that people are enticed to visit your blog.
If you just can't get it to work, send me the info
and I'll try to link it for you.

4. Visit other players -- as many as possible --
and let their joy infect you.
Leave them a comment, because everyone enJOYS
getting positive feedback.

Let's start an epidemic of joy!




Comments

Nancy said…
You must be so proud of him! :)
Unknown said…
Oh how exciting. I know you are so proud of your son. Mom's are like that of course. A great photo of Rebecca too. I am also enjoying the sun around my neck of the woods today.
QMM
Kim Mailhot said…
So glad to know that Rebeccas is on the mend.

Congratulations, Momma of the Big Wig ! ;0) How awesome !

Have a joy-filled week, lovely Meri !
eb said…
in the pink
sending you some of the same
my boy is about to
yep - jump in that big lake
his first year plunging
as a penguin...

glowing,

xox - eb.
Unknown said…
What a proud mama you must be!!! and what an experience!!

x..x

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You