Post No Handbills





I called this piece
Post No Handbills.

I've seen signs that say something similar
posted on subway walls, on sides of buildings,
on upright surfaces like telephone poles or fences.

Those signs are most often accompanied
by posters and handbills galore.

One memorable place
that images on top of images had collected,
some ripped back in places
until there was a glorious collage
saluting commercial and protest art,
was on the wall of London's Tube.

I stopped to take a photo
of one enticing spontaneous collage. . . 
much to the embarrassment of my son,
who thought I was crazy for taking a pic
of a dirty wall in the Underground.

Some Moms are like that.

Underground art.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You