Share the Joy: Spring Has Sprung (at least in the Pacific Northwest)



Spring is a good joy activator.

The talking heads on the news say the tulips are a-bloom
in the Skagit Valley.
The Tulip Festival always makes a nice field trip, 
especially on weekdays, when the traffic's not so heavy.


You can stand back for a sweeping view,
or get close up and personal with individual tulips.


It's fun to choose your favorites and imagine them popping up
next year in your yard


but in my case, there's a little reality check,
because deer just LOVE munching tulips
and there are lots of deer who visit the garden
at my new house.
(And just in case you're wondering, no, I'm not living there yet.
I took my house off the market when the original listing agreement expired
and it will soon be listed with a new realtor.)

Speaking of munching, the local farmers' market opens on Saturday.


And finally, I'm overjoyed that I've been able to work on the garden
at the new house, even though I'm not living there.



I've had trees pruned, grass fed, new Eastern weeping pines planted
along the rock wall (the deer demolished the arborvitaes we thought might work),
and installed numerous astilbes and hellebores in the shady back garden.
The daffodils my landscape guy planted for me three months ago 
are showing their cheerful little faces
and the deer are leaving them alone. 

That's a reason for joy in itself!

What gave you joy this week?

Notice joy.
Cultivate it.
Celebrate it.
Share it.

 


1. do a post that tells and shows what gives you joy.

2. capture the URL of the specific post and paste it into 
the Mr. Linky box along with your info.

3. Visit other players and let their joy infect you.
Leave them a comment because everyone
 enJOYS getting positive feedback.

Let's keep the epidemic of JOY going!

Comments

The tulips are just beautiful!!!! Absolutely exquisite!!! Wishing you well!!!! Cathy
Mascha said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mascha said…
Wow, what a lot of beauty - all the tulips! And the garden looks very naturally, I like it.
Have a nice time :-)
Hazel said…
Your description of your gardening adventure is especially lovely. Wish I could be in a garden everyday!
Gillena Cox said…
Those tulips are gorgeous; have a nice Thursday

much love...
Unknown said…
Boy did those photos make my heart skip a beat. Beautiful. I would love to see a big field of those beauties.
So glad things are coming together. It just takes time.
Alexa T said…
Amazing field of tulips and such beautiful mix of colors in your photo instants... love all of them!...
Kim Mailhot said…
How glorious to see spring springing in your neck of the woods. The color is so good for the soul. We aren't there yet but the temps are warming up a bit which gives hope.
Enjoy those sweet moments, Beautiful One !
A smorgasbord of color! Well photographed!!

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You