Share the Joy Thursday: Giving Thanks for Joy



Tomorrow is  a day of thanks for Americans.


A day of sharing with family and friends.

Can you remember to give thanks for joy
and pass us a plate full of delight here
at SHARE THE JOY THURSDAY?

I'll be giving thanks for things that bring me joy,

like


family and getting to see the magic of the world
through the eyes of the next generation



blue bottles on a ledge


the splendor of color
especially when it's backlit
through a window
and sparkles like gems 


having learned that time is precious
and we should be mindful of each moment,
using our talent to cultivate joy
instead of focusing on shoulds and what-ifs and if-only,
things that waste minutes we can't recapture


What gives you JOY?


Tell us.

-------------------
To play along:

1. do a post that tells and shows us what gives you joy.

2. capture the URL of the specific post and paste it into the
Mr. Linky box along with your name.

3. visit other players -- as many as possible -- and let their joy infect you.  Leave them a comment about their post.
Let's start an epidemic of joy!




Comments

Meri
Your grandson is so gorgeous and sweet. I love all of the cobalt blue glass you have photographed here. It is stunning. Takes my breath away and makes me thankful too! Happy Thanksgiving!
Xoxo,
Noelle
Kim Mailhot said…
So much to be grateful for, big and small! A beautiful celebration of it here, Meri !
Enjoy your sweet Thanskgiving!
beth said…
awww sweetie...i'd love to play, but i'm so behind right now and hopefully will squeeze in time tomorrow to get my thankful list up on my blog....

but for now, i'm thankful for today and tomorrow and whatever those 24 hours hold for me.....
Anonymous said…
what a beautiful list, meri! i am so thankful that i was able to witness a deployed parent welcomed home into the arms of his children yesterday. happy tears and overflowing hearts by all - put it all in perspective. happy thanksgiving, friend. xx s
A.Smith said…
My dogs waking me up every day, pure joy. The hummingbirds coming to feed in a frozen morning, relief joy.
The light filtering through the curtains, dancing in the wind, sheer joy. The silence that envelops and allows to hear dreams and memories in the heart, blissful joy.

Having friends that find joy in all things beautiful, who share that joy, that is a blessing without end.

Happy, joyful day to you, my dear.
foxysue said…
To all of you over the water, I'm with you in spirit in all of this thanks giving.

Sue x
joco said…
Happy THANKSGIVING to you and thanks for being a CYBER friend.
deb did it said…
what a gathering of JOY! I love ya Girl....have a wonderful day! I am thankful for knowing you...especially after our time together in SM
rebecca said…
let a joy fill you!
xoxoxoxoxoxox,
rebecca
Relyn Lawson said…
It's Thanksgiving day and we are all piled up watching the parade. So, I have the perfect time to drop by and visit friends. I wanted to tell you that one the things I am thankful for today is blogging and the way it has made my world so much bigger. Thank you for the friendship, the wisdom, and the inspiration I have found here. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, my friend. Happy Thanksgiving!

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You