Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Slowing Down and Taking Time


Not long ago, I called an old friend
on the spur of the moment
and made arrangements to meet for a field trip.
Even with the vagaries of Seattle-area traffic
I was only three minutes later than I'd promised,
but it took another five to find each other
in a commuter lot.

We made it to our destination just fine,
despite a multitude of tourists on a sunny day,
and had a nice meander and lots of time to talk.

Our lunch plans, however, went into flux
when we discovered a mile-long backup
to get to the little town where we'd thought go
to grab a bite,
so my friend suggested a town several miles away.

There was no waiting at all
at her secret little place
and this was our view.




1 comment:

Anne Jeffries said...

Dear Meri,

As views go, this one is outstanding.

In the midst of a huge change in my life, I am also slipping back into blogging and paying attention to old friends. Don and I are leaving California in 18 days. We sold our home and are moving to SE Missouri to be closer to our children and grandchildren. Exciting times ahead.

I also have a new blog to reflect this new circumstance. It's called "A California Girl Meets the Bootheel"

www.californiakickinit.blogspot.com.