Slowing Down and Taking Time


Not long ago, I called an old friend
on the spur of the moment
and made arrangements to meet for a field trip.
Even with the vagaries of Seattle-area traffic
I was only three minutes later than I'd promised,
but it took another five to find each other
in a commuter lot.

We made it to our destination just fine,
despite a multitude of tourists on a sunny day,
and had a nice meander and lots of time to talk.

Our lunch plans, however, went into flux
when we discovered a mile-long backup
to get to the little town where we'd thought go
to grab a bite,
so my friend suggested a town several miles away.

There was no waiting at all
at her secret little place
and this was our view.




Comments

Annie Jeffries said…
Dear Meri,

As views go, this one is outstanding.

In the midst of a huge change in my life, I am also slipping back into blogging and paying attention to old friends. Don and I are leaving California in 18 days. We sold our home and are moving to SE Missouri to be closer to our children and grandchildren. Exciting times ahead.

I also have a new blog to reflect this new circumstance. It's called "A California Girl Meets the Bootheel"

www.californiakickinit.blogspot.com.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You