Share the Joy: Hiatus




I have, as you might have noticed,
been lying low.
Everything in my life has revolved around getting settled in,
arranging furniture.
Putting things away.
Getting used to and creating "home" in a new place.

It just feels like some doors have closed
and others are waiting to be opened.


I have felt a longing to reconnect with my art-making,
with my writing, because those things bring me a deep and abiding joy.
Right now, however, blogging (which sometimes takes me away from "real writing")
isn't high on my list of priorities.

So though I think it's imperative to cultivate and notice joy
(because where we put our focus is critical to what comes into our lives),
I have decided to take a break from hosting Share the Joy.

I may come back to it when I feel like it's time for company.
But right now,
it's time to nest and create the space I want to inhabit. . . .
beautiful, serene, uncluttered, and cozy.
It's come a long way since I moved in 11 weeks ago,
but I'm still in hibernation mode,
getting everything just right.

I hope you'll understand.
And when I reprioritize blogging and hosting
this meme,
I hope you'll once again join in.

Be well, my friends.
Blessings!


Comments

Unknown said…
Darn.... I was going to start participating with the group this week. I've been trying to think of a word to focus on for 2015 and JOY along with COURAGE are the two words that keep resonating in my thoughts. I'll carry on and look forward to your return. :)
~ Karen
Kim Mailhot said…
I haven't been here in too long, Lovely Meri ! I have missed you and your beautiful sharings.
I haven't had much time for blogging lately and it hasn't been a priority but I feel like I am missing it.
Here I am on a Thursday, writing a post about my gratitude for my new Florida life and thought I'd check with Share the Joy.
I hope that your creative life is sweet right now and that your new place in the world is full of joyful inspiration !
Sending much love and light your way !

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You